Monday, January 28, 2008

Living for God

My devotional today struck me today as being very applicable. It started with the question," Are you determined to have your own way in living for God?" How's that for an opening! Pretty much straight to the point, huh? So, it made me think. I want God's will, but how many times do we want to live for God in our own way? Let's face it, most of us have an idea of what WE think our lives should be like; what we do, where we live, who we hang out with, but do we really give ourselves completely to God to live for Him His way? Well, it gives me lots to think about.
How about you?

3 comments:

Jill said...

Yes, much to think about. I have thought of this often and agree that we most often have our own agendas.

Ginger said...

It reminds me of Psalm 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." I long to be delighting in Him and knowing that the desires I have were put there by Him and not simply my own plans.

Lori said...

Tricia,
just asking yourself those questions means that you are ahead of the game.
don't you think that is the Holy Spirit giving you that desire to ask yourself, "How can I live for Him?"
keep on keepin' on, my friend, I think you're on the right track.

Lori
;0)