Friday, January 18, 2008

Back on track...I hope!

Well, I am back, I think!?! Actually, I was going to post this a couple of weeks ago, but since I was planning a trip away, I thought I better take care of that business instead of spending time here. We watched a video from Pastor Jim Cymbala at the Brooklyn Tabernacle Church in NY and it was very moving. He read the scripture where Jesus overturned tables and said that His house should be a house of prayer. Wow! I must admit, I never thought much about it really. To me, God's house is where I go to worship and praise Him and fellowship with other believers (totally Biblical, right?) But Jesus himself referred to His house as not these things, but a prayer house. So, why don't we spend more time there praying? Why do I not feel the need to attend our own prayer meetings? Why do I not even tell my friends how they could pray for me or vice versa? Well, it made me think anyway. So, here is what I propose: why don't we call on each other more regularly with our prayer needs, whatever they might be. It doesn't matter that for the most part my needs are not physical (the easiest and most heard requests). No mine are definitely more spiritual and emotional and dare I say, mental. Afterall, the battlefield is the mind. How about yours? Please join me in praying about this. You can start by lifting me up for guidance with my girls, one of which has been struggling with turning in assignments on time, and by praying I will be a great wife, even though I would love to have my husband home everynight and not travel (by the way, there might be a new lead in this area!). As I speak, colds are going through our home, so I do pray we will all be well so we can go to church together.

I know you all probably do pray, but the reminder to pray specifically always helps, doesn't it? And I will return the favor. I can picture each one of you right now and pray can't I ? Let me know specifically how I can pray for you and I will consider it an honor.

With Christ's love, Tricia

8 comments:

Jill said...

Its great to have you back Tricia! I look forward to catching up with you soon.

I will be praying for you. You can pray for me that I can give godly council and wisdom to a mom about ready to toss in the towel to her marriage.

Tricia said...

Yes, Jill, I will pray for that situation and everyone involved. I know you will give great, godly council.

Lori said...

hey, my friend,
I will be praying for you and your family and for the challenges that you are facing.
Please pray for me that I would be a good steward of my time(which I feel is so little). I have been feeling very jipped lately, and my tendency is to bail on things so that I can have more time for MY family....uuuhhhhhh.
I treasure you and covet your prayer, my sister.

Lori
;0)

kim said...

Long-lost blogging buddy...I'm so glad to hear your cyber-voice again.
I agree, we MUST pray with and for one another. There's no other way to make it through this life. We cannot go it alone without prayer!
Please pray for me in raising our 3 little ones here. They are exposed to many things that are not what I would have chosen for them. Pray they will be strong and for guidance for me to lead them. Thanks, sis!

Tricia said...

Lori, I will pray for your time "issues". I thought I would have more time this year and yet I feel even more busy with not much to show for it.

Kim, I will pray for my nephews and niece, please do likewise, especially as they are growing up so fast!

Thank you all for your responses and prayers!

Lori said...

hey tricia,
I used your idea about using our blogs to help bear one another's burdens.
I have a new request there for you to check out.
How's things with you???

Lori
;0)

Ginger said...

Thanks for your comments about prayer. You are so right, and I had the same thoughts about prayer meeting.

Since we are all adding prayer requests, I'll submit mine. Please pray about job possibilities for Scott and knowing God's will for our lives.

Tricia said...

Ginger, I always add Scott to my prayers when praying for job situations for Dick. I know you'll do the same. Thanks in advance!