Monday, June 9, 2008

Something blog worthy

Something really cool happened to me today. I was at the grocery store at the check out, when the cashier, a guy, started a conversation with me. He told me how he'd been out on the floor working earlier and just wasn't really having a good time. (I'm thinking to myself...okay, what's the point - maybe he's just being friendly, I don't know) Anyway, he then tells me he noticed my shirt (the one that says Faith, Hope, Love on the front), while he was working in the store and I must have walked by him. I hadn't noticed him. He said that it really was an encouragement to him and put his perspective back in the right place. He shared how he was just caught up in himself, which he admitted is not so great, and that the words on my shirt snapped him out of it. Cool, huh? We talked for a minute while I paid for the groceries and he told me to have a blessed day. I left the store smiling thinking how cool God is to use such simple things as my shirt with God's words on it and then to cause me to get in that checker's line so he could end up encouraging me. I mean, this guy had already been blessed by the words whether I knew it or not, but then me getting in his line allowed me to be blessed!!! God is so awesome!!!



8 comments:

kim said...

That is awesome!! No coincidences in life…just God's amazing hand working things out just the way they should be! Great story, Tricia!!!!!!

Jeanine said...

What a great story! God is so cool!
Thanks for sharing!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing. Certainly blog-worthy! Keep posting ;o)

Ginger said...

Isn't it great how God works? He used you to encourage him and him to encourage you. And then, you have encouraged all of us.

Thanks, Tricia!

Lori said...

I love to hear stories like that.
We can go a very long time and think to ourselves that we don't make a difference in this wretched world.
Then, something happens and we realize that God has a plan for all of us and He uses us to further His kingdom.
Love it!!!

Wendi said...

That is so cool! I like how he shared that with you, and that you were blessed by that. I love hearing stories about stuff like that.

Carol said...

Great testimony!

Leslie said...

Hi Tricia! Thanks for sharing your encouraging story. It is neat how God shows up in our every day lives.
Hugs to you!