Tuesday, July 29, 2008

things heavy on my heart

Ok, I've hesitated posting this, but I really could use your prayers. I've looked at some of your blogs and I know you need prayers too, as there seems to be tough situations everywhere. I do not mean to minimize them. In fact, as I read, I thought maybe I shouldn't post this because my problems seem to be minor or less important than others, but still I have my needs and requests. And if you all don't care, then who would? You are, after all, my friends and sisters, so here goes.

We have had one thing after another happening the last four months. Mostly, with our minivan, but also with our house, and my husband's broken foot. I have tried real hard not to complain, but to be thankful that at least Jesus has provided through each of the situations/problems. Well, here we go again. The van is once again messed up!!! As I write, my husband is out trying to figure out what to do with it as it is stuck at the Wal-mart parking lot. Really, he needs prayer as he is getting real discouraged. And that is not like him. It's more like me. Thankfully, we both aren't in the dumps together! I know God will again provide as always, just as he promised. I keep reminding myself that He will take care of my needs each day, and of the verses where Paul said he would rather have just what he needs, nothing less and nothing more. Maybe that's the lesson in all this. Things would be going fantastic if it weren't for all the repairs we've had to pay for lately. Anyway, would you just pray for my husband and myself that the van gets fixed(without a big expense) and that we won't be discouraged? It would be greatly appreciated. ~ I will remember to pray for those requests you have as well.

6 comments:

Jill said...

Tricia, I know how frustrating car troubles can be. What to do? Is it time to move on? How will we pay for the repairs? I am sorry that this is going on in your family. I will pray that God will give you both patience and direction.

Jeanine said...

Tricia, Tricia, Tricia...don't ever be apprehensive to ask for prayers. Anything that causes us stress or concern or anxiety is worth asking others...especially your friends (and blogging buddies)...to pray for. You are definitely in my prayers!
J

Beth said...

Tricia, I will be praying for you and your family. It seems like the day to day frustrations can be so defeating sometimes, and I am sure that there is an extra measure of frustration with your husband's busy schedule.

Jeanine said...

I just read your comment to my recent post. I had to chuckle when you said that your girls look at you funny when you tell them to go spend time "being" in their rooms. My Parker will quite often say, "Mom...I need Parker time...I'm going in my room for some quiet." It amazes me that he KNOWS he needs it and that he know WHERE to find it. Keeping his little sister at bay while he's in there is a challenge, but that is one of the times I will allow him to close his door if she just won't let up on him. Faith is slowly learning from her big brother what "quiet" time is and will periodically...not as often as I would like...looking for her own quiet time. I'm hoping she, too, will find her room a place of comfort, peace and quiet. Parker's "feelings doctor" says this is HUGE for a child his age to know what he needs for quiet and calm, know where to find it, and to seek it out himself. Keep up the good work with your girls...I hear they are AWESOME...and you are all in my prayers.
J

Jamie said...

So frustrating! I hope things are working out. I'll be praying.

Wendi said...

I am sorry to hear about your van. We have been through quite a bit with our van too. It currently makes a ticking noise, meaning expensive to fix= car not worth fixing. So we are just driving it till it dies. But I will keep you my prayers for your van, I know its frustrating when you don't feel like you have something reliable to cart the kids in. I hope everything works out!