Thursday, August 21, 2008

Directing my paths...

My life is taking a new direction temporarily... something I certainly didn't plan.... something out of my league and comfort level...but, nevertheless I have accepted the challenge...

As of this post, I am the fill in preschool director at our church. Our current director, who I worked with prior in a classroom, is on a leave of absence. Her daughter, Ana, is in a hospital two hours away with kidney failure caused by of all things a bad case of flu! She is doing better each day, and they expect a full recovery, but this could take a couple weeks to a few months. So, of course, please pray for a quick recovery for this little girl.

And please pray for me as I fill in. I must say I love it when God works in our lives in ways we never would imagine. While I thought I would have "free time" this fall, the wonderful Lord had other plans for me. Of course, I never would have wanted someone's suffering to turn into my employment, but I am glad I can help at this time. Had this been last year it wouldn't have been possible, but since my youngest will be in first grade, it will be do-able.

This all just reminds me of my life verse, in my sidebar, Proverbs 3:5-6. And I believe with God's strength, I can do whatever He calls me to.

7 comments:

Jeanine said...

I have NO DOUBT that you will do a fabulous job! I hope your friend's little girl is feeling better in no time...will certainly keep her in my prayers...and you as you start this exciting new position!

J

Carol said...

That is so sad to hear about Ana. When we prayed for her at church I was not sure who she was.

You are so organized and put your whole heart into anything you do Trish, I know you will do great. It is a big honor that she would ask you because she knows how well you did when you worked with her before. YOU GO GIRL!

Jill said...

You will do great! This is right up your admin alley!

Lori said...

You will be amazing as you always are and God will get you through it.
Bless you for taking this on...you are a good friend, my friend.

L
;0)

Leslie said...

Tricia, What a relief for the Pre-school ministry & teachers and most of all Krista. I am so grateful to you and God for this provision for Krista and for the way in which He will use this in your life like only He can. Thank you for saying Yes to do whatever the Lord needs of you. He equips those He calls and never forget it! Please keep us posted on how we can pray for you. Kayla and I have been receiving updates on Ana and are happy she is doing better but she has a long haul ahead of her. How cool to be so young and yet have God using a circumstance in your life to draw others to Himself. Love you sister.

Wendi said...

I really like your attitude about the whole situation. You will be great at that job, and we will pray for Ana's quick recovery.

Jeanine said...

Like your new "blog look." I've got one I want to use but I CAN'T DO IT! I can't get it to work! (Whine, whine, whine).