Thursday, March 13, 2008

Answered Prayer

My oldest is spending the day at the mall for her school's science fair. So, yesterday she came home from school and was gathering what she needed, her science project notebook, being an important item. She frantically came to me saying she couldn't find it. Yikes!!! For once, praise Jesus, I didn't freak out. I remained calm and went over possible places for her to look, to which she said she'd already looked in those spots. I then asked if she had prayed for God to help her find it. Yes she did that. Ok, so I prayed too. About a minute later, I thought of her laundry basket in her closet that had a pile of who knows what under it (it was also time to bring her laundry down). I suggested she looked there too. What did I hear next? "FOUND IT" from up the stairs! Yeah! God is good and He cares about every detail of our lives.

4 comments:

Jeanine said...

How wonderful that she doesn't need to be reminded to pray for help, even in finding a notebook! Glad she located it and all is well. Hope the science fair is a success. We have one coming up at the end of April and Parker wants to participate. He made a working volcano for the last one so we need to come up with something else fun for him to try.
Jeanine

Lori said...

yeah!!!!!
good job, Mom.
our kids need to see us relying fully on God, even in the small things.

:0)

kim said...

Way to go, Tricia! A fabulous job you and Dick are doing raising girls to be women who trust the Lord in all.

Tricia said...

I just want to say, if I am doing anything right it is all to God's glory, not mine!