Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I love this! Enjoy...

This is a poem Ruth Graham wrote when she was young and I love it!!! I too like writing poems occasionally, so here is hers and then I'll post mine.

"It isn't your gold or silver,
your talents great or small,
your voice, or your gift of drawing,
or the crowd you go with at all:
it isn't your friends or pastimes,
your looks or your clothes so gay,
it isn't your home or family,
or even the things you say;
it isn't your choice of amusements,
it isn't the life you lead,
it isn't the thing you prize the most,
or the books you like to read;
no, it isn't the things you have, dear,
or the things you like to do,
the Master is searching deeper...
He seeks not yours, but you.

It's your heart that Jesus longs for;
your will to be made His own
with self on the cross forever,
and Jesus alone on the throne."

Again, I love this so much, I am thinking of framing it in my house. How often, I lose sight that Jesus is just after ME and my heart! Wow, to be loved that much, blows my mind away!

Here's mine, written in 2003:

A blanket of love is what we all need,
safe and secure from all life's misdeeds.
A place to find true peace and security;
a place to lay down all our past history.
At the feet of Jesus is where we will find
the warmth of God's love and salvation to all mankind.
He came as a baby and grew to be a man,
with just one mission, redeem mankind, was God's only plan.
So on the cross He died for you and me
and rose again so we could be free.
To all who call on Jesus from heaven above,
He lovingly wraps in His blanket of love.

5 comments:

kim said...

I love your poetry! I think this one is just beautiful! Thank you for sharing it, and keep them coming!

Jill said...

You got skills girlfriend! Who knew?

I love the poems from Ruth Graham. When I read the books on her it had her poetry written throughout. Although I didn't think it all flowed that well the words were beautiful, thoughtful and though provoking.

Thanks for sharing your heart Tricia.

Lori said...

thank you for sharing your beautiful thoughts.....

L

Ginger said...

It's a talent to have your thoughts penned so beautifully!

Thank you, Tricia!

Katy said...

I love both the poem you wrote and the one by Ruth Graham! Just beautiful! :)