Saturday, March 1, 2008

Last night, my husband took his four princesses to the Father/Daughter Ball and had a wonderful time. It all started at 4:00 p.m. when I attempted to curl 3 heads of hair, as you know one doesn't need any extra curls. By the time I was done, the first two girls curls had already gone limp and I had broken out in a sweat. Oh well! It was time to get dressed. My mom and Jerry came over with wrist corsages, that I am not sure stayed on all night, but they seemed to appreciate them. Since grandma was there, the girls bows would all be perfect. I don't think I will ever tie a perfect bow! Anyway, after pictures and kisses they headed off in their limo, or Dodge Grand Caravan rather. One last good bye and warning they better be home before midnight. I went back in the house to quite a disarray of clothes, shoes and other things thrown around the house from the frenzy of getting ready. Whew! I can't imagine four future proms or weddings. But now, it was my time. I went to a friend's for dinner and then shopped the night away, and actually looked for things for myself! I think I must have asked my friend if she thought they were having fun a thousand times. When we were reunited that night, it was so fun to hear what they girls thought of the evening. They had so much fun. Daddy actually danced with each of them and I think it made them feel really special. I am so glad my husband took this time with them and I am sure it will be a memory that will last a lifetime.

5 comments:

Jeanine said...

What a wonderful evening that must have been for all of you...daddy's time with his girls and you having time to yourself. Thanks for sharing such a sweet story.

FYI...I just did the hair curling thing the other day, too, for Faith's four-year pictures. She already has curls, but not so much in the winter as in the summer. Anyway...didn't go so well for us, either. One side curled and the other side didn't. Oh well...pictures still turned out great!

Jeanine said...

What a wonderful evening that must have been for all of you...daddy's time with his girls and you having time to yourself. Thanks for sharing such a sweet story.

FYI...I just did the hair curling thing the other day, too, for Faith's four-year pictures. She already has curls, but not so much in the winter as in the summer. Anyway...didn't go so well for us, either. One side curled and the other side didn't. Oh well...pictures still turned out great!

Jeanine said...

Why did that comment post twice? Sorry.

Jill said...

Sounds the same as our house. Lots of hair and clothes thrown everywhere. I am so glad the dads did this for their girls.

Lori said...

...and it was all worth it!!!!!
the girls had a blast as they danced the night away with their daddy and their friends.
what great memories were made that night.
way to go dads!!!!!