Saturday, November 24, 2007

Where's your foundation?

Tonight our family fitness group got together and talked about having a firm foundation built on Jesus Christ. He alone is the only foundation that cannot be shaken. Everything else in life is temporary and fleeting, but not Him. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I am so thankful for that. I hope and pray our kids(and I mean everyone's in the group) will have Jesus as their firm foundation and not trust in anything else. In fact, if you are reading this I hope this for you too!

I am reading this great book called The Way of Women and one character says to another going through a great tragedy something I thought very profound and true. " I only know one way , and that is Jesus. His name is the most powerful word in our world. I say His name, over and over, whenever things get so heavy and deep I cannot bear them. I say that name above all names until I can sing it. Only one word, easy to remember." Amazing! So, after reading that I decided to be more aware and just say His name in the midst of my trouble and you know what, it helped amazingly!!! Not that I didn't think it would, but I did not go on and on with all my babble, just His name, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus....try it and you'll see.

2 comments:

Jill said...

WOW! You have been blogging and blogging! Great posts. I really appriciate your thoughts. I am going to start saying Jesus' name for the power it has in it too.

On the twins...that is so awesome that they came to you. You guys have great kiddos.

Have you thought of doing their b-day in June as a 1/2 birthday? Maybe do a little something the day after...a movie or a special thing like ice skating and then do a party and gifts in June? Just a thought. You don't have any other b-days around that time and they might like the idea of spreading things out.

Tricia said...

That is a good idea, I'll see what they think. Thanks! I'm off now to your blog.