Monday, November 5, 2007

Speaking of the Holidays!

The holidays are upon us and I thought I would share our newest idea, hopefully a new tradition. We usually draw names for adults on my husband's side of the family. (My siblings and I don't even do that) But this year we all agreed to forgo that and give to some christian charity in honor of each other. We are all so blessed and I figured our money would be more wisely used doing this instead of getting each other something we don't really need anyway. It's not that I don't love to give. I do! But I want to be a good steward of our money and let's face it, even Christians struggle with not giving into our culture's influence: MATERIALISM. So, this is just one more easy way to show our kids it's not about the gifts, but the giving. After all, God gave us the ultimate gift in Jesus. Shouldn't we be willing to give to Him at Christmas too? Maybe if we did, there would be more joy around this blessed day; I know there would be in mine and less stress!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am looking forward to hearing how this is recieved by all. I am starting to look forward to the holidays after dealing with the changes we wanted to make. Maybe there is hope for a stress free holiday season afterall. ;o)