Monday, February 4, 2008

Guess Who?

The following is an excerpt from a journal I've read of someone famous. I was surprised that this person could have felt this way (on motherhood), as I envision this lady to being someone who must be practically perfect, (no, it's not Mary Poppins) due to the fact of who she's married to. Furthermore, I admit and confess to feeling exactly the same way at times. Anyway, thought it would be fun if any of you could figure out who it is. If you can, I will treat the first right guesser(?) to coffee ASAP. Here goes:

"I am a weak, lazy, indifferent character; casual where I should be concerned, concerned where I should be carefree; self-indulgent, hypocritical, begging God to help me when I am hardly willing to lift a finger for myself; quarrelsome where I should be silent, silent where I should be outspoken; vacillating, easily distracted and sidetracked. There it is. All that I am not, He is; all that I am and should not be, He forgives and covers. But this remains: I am not big enough for the job ahead of me. Not big enough, or strong enough, or wise enough, or loving enough, or selfless enough, or anything enough."

I love this!!! Thankfully, Jesus is big enough to cover all of us in all areas!

Blessings for your day!!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

it's gotta be Beth Moore!!!!
Right????
I mean, we all think she's perfect......

Lori
;0)

Jill said...

I say Ruth Graham.

kim said...

I'm going with Beth Moore also.