Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I love watching LifeToday on my local TBN station! I wish every show were like it because they have all the great christian authors and speakers that inspire me, but then maybe I wouldn't do anything except watch tv. Nevermind... Anyway, today was a new person I had never heard of who has had an extreme challenge. She shared her story how when she was 29, engaged and living for God her life suddenly changed. One night, in bed, she apparently dove off the end of her bed, literally, and woke up paralyzed! She doesn't remember if it was a dream or what. Her roommate, a nurse, found her and got her help. After some time, it seems she has use of her arms. Amazingly, she is a joyful person and her fiance decided he would not leave at the time of her greatest need. Today they have a son and she speaks at women's conferences and such. Wow! How many times do I get bent out of shape over the smallest things? Well, I hope I will think of her (when things get "tough"), who said she could choose to be bitter but what kind of choice would that be?

If you can tune in to that show, again I highly recommend it. Best thing is it's only 20 minutes long. It's like my midmorning devotional.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

Some people can really inspire, can't they? Have never seen the show but hope I can find it here and get a chance to watch it.
Jeanine