Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Kids and shopping...

Today, I took the girls shopping at Target and decided to see if there was anything on clearance, since I can't refuse good bargains. ( Last night, I got Delaney a dress, and two shirts for $18!) Well, today there wasn't much on sale, but the twins found dresses, not on sale, and shoes also not on sale. I had just bought them a new pair the other day, at a good price, so they didn't need another pair, but how do you explain that. Especially when it was a pair their friend down the street has. I feel like I can't take them with me, because I will have to say no a million times! Add to that, the fact that their closet is full, maybe not all new clothes. In fact, most are hand me downs from their sisters or ones that still fit from last year. Of course, my fashionable "inner man" wants them to have the latest, but it just didn't seem necessary. Thankfully, there were no fits and we left without any purchases.

Next, we went to Winco since our cupboards have been bare for some time. Unlike fun clothes shopping, I really don't like grocery shopping. I think mostly because then I have to plan meals. you may have noticed there's no Monday menus on my blog!!! Oh well. At least, the cupboards are now full :)

11 comments:

Carol said...

I know I have a hard time saying no to myself when I see cute things for Grace. I can't imagine how hard it will be when she starts wanting cute clothes and shoes too! Ugh!!!

Jeanine said...

Saying "no?" How do you do that? Just kidding! I've found myself having to say it more and more with Faith...but mostly to myself. Recently in Baby Gap (she still fits into their sizes) I was attempting to buy her more clothes and she said, "MOM! I don't need anymore clothes! I have enough!" You should have seen the looks on the faces of the other moms shopping and the sales ladies. Then everyone started laughing and asked how in the world I got my four-year old to say that! I was too stunned myself to even respond and thought to myself, "Oh my gosh...what am I doing WRONG!" Girls are SO fun to buy for that it's a challenge not to...even if they don't really need anything. Can't imagine what it would be like with four girls to dress up!

Tricia said...

Jeanine, be thankful for her saying no and learn from it! I'm sure she won't always say that!

Maybe that's how it all starts. We moms over indulge because it is so cute and fun and before we know it, we have little material girls on our hands...

Jeanine said...

You're probably right, although, Parker's not lacking in the closet area, either. And neither child is without enough toys. It WAS difficult to say "no" but as time goes on, that word is popping out of my mouth a little more easily!

Jamie said...

Grocery shopping is not my favorite thing to do either.

kim said...

I could barely get past the word "Target" on your blog. Oh, how I miss Target. I haven't set foot in one for nearly 6 months now! I think it's probably saved me a ton of money :) hee hee
It's easier to say no to kids clothes in Switzerland. The styles are horrific and the prices, well they're horrible too. And lucky for me, the boys don't care about what they wear (yet) and Ashley has all the wonderful hand-me downs from Faith. One of these days though I'll be calling you for advise when Ash is begging for clothes and shoes that are too cute!
But, oh in the mean time I'm in trouble this summer, especially my first trip to Target.

Jeanine said...

Was just catching up on everyone's blogs this morning. I really hope I get to meet you in person some day!
J

Ginger said...

It seems like I say "No" all the time. The kids don't really ask me for that much, but I always feel like when they do ask, I have to say no. It gets old after awhile, doesn't it? It only gets harder the older they get and the more expensive their clothes get.

It's a good thing to learn though...we don't need everything we want :)

Wendi said...

It is very hard to shop with the kids, saying no all the time does get old, it's harder to deal with the tears in the store when you know you still have an hour left of shopping to do. I'm hoping it gets easier.LOL

Carol said...

Happy Mother's Day! ;)

Carol said...

Hey! You have been tagged, check out my blog to play along! ;)