Saturday, April 5, 2008

Just an update

Well, we made it to CA safe and sound on Sat. afternoon! It is very nice here, so nice that I've forgotten it's only April... it feels like summer...nice!!! We did have a scary moment when we saw smoke coming from the hood of the van. We pulled over, turned off the air vent and it stopped. Today, we tried to use the air...it gets warm quickly when you only can crack the windows because you're going 70 on the freeway... well, it made a strange noise right a way, so we immediately turned it off. I guess we'll deal with that when we get home. Tomorrow, it's off to Disney! We'll say hi to Mickey and Minnie for you...

5 comments:

Lori said...

Have a wonderful and fun-filled day and I hope you laugh alot and cry little.
Give Goofy a hug for me.
He's my favorite.

;0)

kim said...

Glad you made it safely, albeit heated! Have a wonderful time! Ashley would love for you to say hi to Cinderella for her. HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY TIMMARY!

Ginger said...

Thank you for taking the time to post while you are on vacation...I'm so glad to hear that you arrived safely and not too much the worse for wear. We already miss you here!

Enjoy your time with your family--I know you will.

I like something I read in one of C.S. Lewis's books...The best glimpse we have of eternity is enjoying what God has given us as this very moment (my paraphrase).

At this very moment, I am enjoying God's blessing of your friendship.

Ginger

Jill said...

I hope you are enjoying your family. Have a great time. We are looking forward to having you back home.

Jeanine said...

Sorry I missed your comment on my blog about the Wild Animal Park. Here what I think might have happened. First...we had spent the previous day at Sea World and should have probably followed that with a low-key day before planning another busy day. Second...our expectation of the park was more like a "Safari-type" experience, throughout the entire park. Third...we just couldn't get a grip on the day. It started out with Scott and me trying to motivate the kids for another busy day, which by now, we should know is just not our kids. They like an active day...then a quiet day. I think the Wild Animal Park was not the problem, but rather us and the fact that we just didn't have a good grip on the day. If you went, I hope you enjoyed. Would like to hear your thoughts on the attraction, as well as an update on your entire trip. Hope to see photos in the near future!