Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Very encouraging....

I just watched a very disturbing youtube about Oprah and "her" new church. Let me know if you want to see it. I can email it to you. Anyway, as I was getting the girls ready for kindergarten, I decided to ask them a few questions. Where is God? Is God in a flower? Even (for you Ginger) is Jesus perfect? Could He have sinned? They answered beautifully assuring me that God is not a flower and yes, Jesus is perfect so he could not have sinned. I asked why is there bad in the world. Answer from Merrily: because Adam and Eve sinned. Then, Merrily said, " Mom, why are you asking us baby questions?" I LOVE IT!!! WOW!!! I told her some people unfortunately don't know these simple things so we have to tell them. I really was just making sure I was being clear in teaching them, but she sure blessed me with that answer.

God bless!

4 comments:

Jill said...

It is so great when we see our kids understanding and growing in the Lord!

Ginger said...

It's always good to keep asking and reminding our kids what we believe and why. The enemy is deceitful and would love to have our children turn from what is right.

Way to go, Girls, on the "baby questions!"

Lori said...

way to go, MOM!!!!
that's how we raise our kids in the knowledge of the Lord.

;0)

Jeanine said...

I am happy, too, to have met you through our blogs. It continues to amaze me how God connects us to new people...although I already had an "in" by knowing you a little through Kim. God DOES do amazing things. He has given us strength, courage, support...just to name a few...but the steady, the "for sure" is His constant, unconditional love for us. In case I miss it next week...Happy 14th Anniversary! You share a special day in your lives with one special little guy who has a birthday on the same day! I just love those little Weeds! Enjoy your weekend!